We are pleased to announce our fourth webinar “The Future of Annapurna Conservation Area: Toward a New Collaborative Approach to Protected Area Governance” scheduled for Friday, July 24th, 2020, 7:45pm-9:15pm (Nepal time), 10am EST (USA, Canada).
The Annapurna Conservation Area Project has been a pioneer of Integrated Conservation and Development Project in Nepal. The government of Nepal has been preparing to handover the conservation area to the local communities, as it was originally envisioned when the ACA was established.
The purpose of this panel discussion is to initiate a dialogue for a new collaborative governance model that includes all three levels of government and communities in managing protected areas.
The panel includes:
1. Mr Bikash Lamsal, Honorable Minister of Industry, Tourism, Forest and Environment, Gandaki Province;
2. Mr Man Bahadur Gurung, Honorable Province Assembly Member & CAMC Chair and UCO Coordinator;
3. Ms Sarmila Gurung, Vice Chair, Garabdzong Rural Municipality, Jomsom;
4. Mr Yajna Nath Dahal, Member Secretary, NTNC & Joint Secretary, MoFE;
5. Mr Lal Prasad Gurung, Former Director, ACAP; and
6. Dr Gyan Nyaupane (Moderator, Professor, Arizona State University). The capacity is limited, so register ASAP. Click here to register